Install, Repair or Replace a Commercial Lead Roof in Leeds – DPR Roofing
Lead work is a fine art, a specialist roofing service that DPR Roofing in Leeds have been fine-tuning for more than 20 years. Commonly used in churches, listed buildings, chimney stacks and bay roofs, thinner quality leadwork (code 1, 2 & 3) that tended to be installed in the past, can often wear away, causing sudden leaks.
Today, in an attempt to make commercial roofs future proof and more robust, DPR Roofing typically installs higher quality lead work (codes 4, 5 & 6), in Leeds depending on the application, the climate the lead work may be exposed to and the required durability.
If installed correctly, commercial sheet lead roofs can last well in excess of 100 years, so DPR Roofing place great emphasis and delivering a first class service.
DPR Roofing's specialist commercial sheet lead roofing services includes;
1) Full and Comprehensive Site Survey
2) Full Preparation works
3) Installation of lead sheet roofing & lead flashings
4) Lead Work Repairs and Maintenance
5) Lead Welding
Lead work surveys and repair services
Before proceeding with any commercial lead roofing work, DPR Roofing will undertake a comprehensive site survey to assess the condition of the lead and to estimate the level of work or the roofing services required.
At this point we will provide honest advice as to whether the leadwork or lead roofing simply has some minor splits and needs simple repairs or service, or whether the leadwork problem is more serious.
As part of DPR Roofing's commercial lead roofing services we will assess such things as:
- The existence of serious ripples or splits
- The use of oversized lead roof pieces
- The poor location of fixings restricting the normal thermal movement of the lead
- Inadequate or worn out lead roof fixings
- The use of unsuitable lead roof underlays
- Conditions such as heating, insulation, etc, which could affect the lead roof decking
- Signs of corrosion either on top or on the underside of the lead
The decision on whether to repair or renew a commercial lead roof could also be influenced by other factors.
A parapet or central valley gutter lining may be in a fair condition and on its own, worth repairing to extend life by another ten to fifteen years. But if the adjacent slated or tiled areas are to be renewed, the relatively low cost of re-laying the lead gutters would be well worth accepting.